Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Greetings from Tokyo (Well, Narita)

Yahoo has a cafe at Tokyos Narita airport where they offer free Interet access, and since I have nearly two hours before catching my connecting flight to Ghuangzhou, thought Id take the opportunity to write my first blog entry (and to see if Blogger is as easy-to-use as it appears). Im probably too sleepy to say anything coherent, though, since its about 4 a.m. Chicago time. (And as you can see, I also cant find the appostrophe key on this Japanese keyboard, but at least I was able to figure out how to switch from Kanji to Romanji.) Just strolling around the shops here at Narita makes me sorta wish I had scheduled myself a day or two in Tokyo before heading on to China; but I think Ill be better off sleeping off any jet lag in Zhuhai than knocking myself out sightseeing here and showing up for work even more exhausted than Im going to be tomorrow. In any case, I may as well shuffle off to my gate, since my impressions of Tokyo Airport dont exactly make for scintilating blogging material. (But if anyones interested, Im in Terminal 2, which is quite new compared to whichever terminals Ive landed at in my previous trips here--Its full of modern shops, although most of them are devoted to duty-free luxury goods. However, there are a couple of cafes--of the non-Internet variety--that make me wish I hadnt eaten that last awful meal they gave me on the flight from Chicago; a donburi or bowl of soba would have been far preferable.)

No comments: